SmartLynx Airlines has launched a new Cadet Programme for future pilots with Lithuanian training company BAA Training. Enrolment is June 2017.
Successful candidates can expect the opportunity to fly as a First Officer with SmartLynx Airlines on Airbus A320 aircraft after the successful completion of the ATPL integrated programme, said BAA Training.
Entry requirements for the selection process:
- Age: 18 years old and over
- Education: Secondary or higher
- Physical status: valid EASA 1st Class Medical Certificate
- Theoretical preparation: knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, and English is of key importance. During the assessment, the school and exam grades of these disciplines are evaluated. A special skill assessment can be organised by the academy for those having low or no grades from their secondary school.
- Personal competence and aptitude: all candidates must go through special tests and interviews developed by the selection commission of the BAA Training in cooperation with SmartLynx.
Who is SmartLynx Airlines? It’s one of Europe’s leading specialists in full-service ACMI (Aircraft-Crew-Maintenance-Insurance), ie, it leases a complete package to airlines. It also provides charter services and holds Latvian and Estonian air carrier certificates, and has been in business for 25 years.
In 2017, the airline’s fleet comprises 13 Airbus A320 aircraft and 1 Airbus 321 aircraft. SmartLynx flight crew members represent more than 17 nationalities, speak multiple languages, and the average experience of captains is 5,300+ block hours and first officers 1,900+ block hours.