Virgin Atlantic has announced a renewed recruitment drive. The airline is actively seeking direct-entry ex-military Fast Jet pilots, with training courses scheduled for 2024 and 2025.
In a job advert posted to their website, the company said that, “As a member of our Flight Crew, you will be joining the UK’s only exclusively long-haul airline. Flying out of London Heathrow to exciting destinations such as New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Delhi, Barbados, Antigua and many more.”
This comes just six weeks after British Airways announced its own recruitment campaigns, including those for eligible military pilots. In July 2023 Virgin announced the recruitment of First Officers for both its Airbus and Boeing fleets, marking the first major hiring spree for these positions since 2020.
Estelle Hollingsworth, Virgin Atlantic’s Chief People Officer, shared her sentiments: “Our pilots are the heart and soul of our operations, providing our customers with unparalleled in-flight experiences. They embody Virgin Atlantic’s ethos of operational excellence and unmatched safety. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds with a genuine aviation passion to join us in these thrilling roles.”
Virgin posted the following requirements for its direct-entry fast-jet recruitment:
Applicants should possess:
- Recent experience on RAF Aircraft: F-35 B Lightning II, Typhoon FGR4, or Hawk.
- A minimum of 1000 Fast-Jet hours.
- A valid UK Class One Medical certificate.
- Completion of ATPL exams by the time of the interview.
- Proficient English communication skills, certified to ICAO level 6 English Proficiency.
- Willingness to provide three relevant Flying Training Reports upon request.
For those interested in soaring with Virgin Atlantic, Zenon is the exclusive recruitment partner. More details and application procedures can be found at Virgin Atlantic’s First Officers Recruitment.