- Keeping flying secure without the inconvenience of the current laptop ban
- Combating human trafficking
- Implementing the carbon offset and reduction scheme for international aviation
- Modernising air cargo processes.
“Cancun will be the capital of air transportation as aviation leaders gather for the 73rd IATA AGM and World Air Transport Summit. The airline industry’s most senior leaders will work together to address air transport’s most critical issues,” said Alexandre de Juniac, IATA’s Director General and CEO.
The IATA AGM and World Air Transport Summit bring together CEOs and senior management from IATA’s 275 member airlines that carry 83% of global air traffic. Stakeholders from across the value chain will participate in the event, including leaders from governments, international organizations, manufacturers and other industry partners.
A highlight of the World Air Transport Summit is the CEO Insight panel focusing on the theme of airline turn-around stories. The panel features:
- Oscar Munoz, CEO, United Airlines
- Peter Bellew, CEO, Malaysia Airlines
- Enrique Beltranena, CEO, Volaris
- Rickard Gustafson, CEO, SAS Group.
Other sessions will focus on the future of globalisation, disruptive innovation and quick-fire Q&As with leaders on trade facilitation, aviation security and the environment.
Full program details available here.