Etihad Airways will begin a pilot recruitment drive across Europe in the coming months.
It is the airline’s first major pilot recruitment initiative in two years with the airline looking for pilots to join both its Airbus and Boeing fleets. The search will be focused on First Officers posts. The airline operates a range of aircraft including Boeing 777s, B787s, Airbus 330s and A380s, with further deliveries of the latter two types occurring in 2017.
Richard Hill, Chief Operations Officer for Etihad Airways, said, “2017 will see further additions to our fleet as we continue our growth. We are seeking to recruit highly motivated, skilled and qualified pilots to come and join our team.
“It is exciting to be joining an airline that is growing rapidly and whilst we will recruit experienced pilots, we also put great focus on continued training and excellence in operational standards. This significant growth also creates opportunities for our existing pilots.”
The airline has a current fleet of 123 aircraft, and between 2016 and 2025, the fleet is expected to rise to a total of 179 aircraft, presenting further opportunities for potential new joiners. Ten aircraft have joined the fleet during 2016 and Etihad Airways’ fleet remains one of the youngest in the world.
Recruiters for Etihad Airways will be in the following countries, starting in Romania on 13 November. They will move onto Bulgaria, Hungary, Lithuania, Greece, Poland, Belgium and Portugal after the opening event.
- BUCHAREST – RADISSON BLU – 13th November 2016 – 10am to 4pm
- SOFIA – RADISSON BLU – 15th November 2016 – 10am to 4pm
- BUDAPEST – BOSCOLO MARRIOTT – 17th November 2016 – 10am to 4pm
- VILNIUS – RADISSON BLU ROYAL ASTORIJA HOTEL – 19th November 2016 – 10am to 4pm
- ATHENS – HILTON – 28th November 2016 – 10am to 4pm
- WARSAW – MARRIOTT HOTEL – 30th November 2016 – 10am to 4pm
- BRUSSELS – RENAISSANCE HOTEL – 2nd December 2016 – 10am to 4pm
- LISBON – MARRIOTT HOTEL – 4th December 2016 – 10am to 4pm