In a continuation of its recent pilot recruitment initiatives, British Airways (BA) has unveiled plans to recruit pilots directly to its long-haul fleet.
This comes on the heels of the airline’s previous announcements to open applications for its cadet scheme as well as recruit newly trained pilots. The airline is offering a limited number of positions for its long-haul fleet alongside direct-entry spots for its short-haul on the A320. However, the airline stipulates stringent prerequisites for those aspiring to join its ranks.
Long-Haul Fleet Recruitment Criteria:
- Applicants must possess over 2,000 hours of flight time on an aircraft type that satisfies Zero Flight Time Training (ZFTT).
- Candidates must have flown the qualified aircraft type within the past 12 months.
- Suitability for the long-haul roles will be determined during a simulator assessment.
- Given the scarcity of available long-haul spots, the A320 will remain the primary recruiting fleet.
Selection and Offer Process: Upon successful completion of the assessment, selected candidates will be placed in a hold pool. While in the hold pool, candidates can expect up to two job offers. Should a candidate decline their second job offer, they would be removed from the hold pool. If they wish to reapply, a waiting period of 12 months is enforced, during which they would be obligated to undergo the full selection process once more.
BA Euroflyer Criteria:
- For consideration, applicants must have accumulated a minimum of 500 hours or 100 sectors on an aircraft type that meets ZFTT criteria, if not A320 rated. Alternatively, they can have an A320 type rating with a minimum of 100 sectors but fewer than 500 hours on type and must have flown this type within the preceding 12 months.
Short-Haul Fleet Requirements:
- Eligible applicants should have a minimum of 500 hours on the A320.
- Alternatively, they can have 1,500 hours on an aircraft type that satisfies the ZFTT criteria and have flown this type within the last 12 months.
This move by British Airways represents another step in increasing its workforce to cater to the increasing demand in both short and long-haul sectors. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online, ensuring they meet the stipulated criteria.
Find out more at Careers.BA.com.