Aerospace giant Leonardo is hosting an event called AeroWomen21 this month (June) to ‘celebrate, educate and unite Women in Aerospace, whether they are working in industry or aspiring to join those who already are’.
AeroWomen21 will take place online on 23 June 2021 with female attendees from aerospace companies and organisations, universities, female-centred charities and local female students aged 16 and 17 (Yr12).
AeroWomen21 will provide a networking opportunity between those women who have established careers in Aerospace, as well as create a platform for the future generation to meet potential employers, said Leonardo.
The event aims to:
- Showcase and celebrate the history of Women in Aerospace
- Invite women in industry to share their career paths, highlighting the plethora of different ways that a woman can be successful in this sector
- Deliver a set of pragmatic and engaging workshops to promote the skills needed to have a purposeful and successful career in aerospace
- Educate all attendees
- Increase diversity in the candidates who apply for apprenticeships, graduate schemes and STEM courses for stakeholders
- Create an association of Women in Aerospace that exists beyond the event, in the form of an invitation-only LinkedIn group that will offer solidarity and networking for all involved
The agenda for the day will consist of:
- Special guest speakers from women in aerospace who will share their experiences within the industry
- Workshops for all guests, to encourage the development of skills required for a successful career in aerospace
Companies and organisations involved in AeroWomen21 will have the opportunity to contribute recruitment material to be shared with the students at the end of the day’s event.
After the event, each attendee will be invited to join a group on LinkedIn that is exclusively for the event attendees and will allow for any networking opportunities to continue afterwards.