Three years ago, at the flagship Pilot Careers Live event in London, a new flight school for professional pilots was launched – Leading Edge Aviation.
Three years later – and surviving the pandemic – Leading Edge Aviation is celebrating its success with a ‘Class of 2021’ photo (above).
The growing pilot academy at London Oxford Airport is currently home to more than 200 students, as well as housing an expanding fleet of aircraft, simulators and facilities.
Chief Executive Officer, Andy McFarlane, said, “It has been a privilege to see so many students begin their journey to the flight deck with us at Leading Edge Aviation.
“Whilst the pandemic had brought the industry many challenges, it’s been a real pleasure to see our graduates take airline placements and achieve their dream of flying commercially, and also to see so many new students follow in their footsteps.”
Leading Edge Aviation has seen steady growth in its student numbers recently with 18 joining its September course and a further 22 in October.
This success follows many recent announcements including a new state-of-the-art accommodation block, The Arc, just minutes from the academy in Kidlington and an in-house engineering capability.
Leading Edge courses include:
- Modular (including Ground School, MECPL, CBIR, MEIR, uMAP (university Modular Airline Preparation)
- Full-time integrated course with BSc degree
- AUPRT (Advanced Upset Prevention Recovery Training)
- APC MCC (Airline Pilot Standards Multi Crew Co-operation)
- LEAP (Leading Edge Airline Preparation) course
- Graduate airline selection preparation workshop.