L3Harris has started to offer pilot training for the Private Pilot’s Licence, the first step towards becoming a professional pilot.
Of course, a PPL also allows you to fly a light aircraft with friends as passengers – just not for reward.
The L3Harris PPL also includes a Night Rating in its £13,000 cost. Once passed, you could start a Modular ATPL programme.
Cadets will learn on a single-engine piston aircraft at L3Harris’s UK-based flight school, Cranfield, or its Portugal-based flight school at Ponte de Sor.
Entry requirements are:
- Aged 17 to apply
- Aged 18 to commence training
- Minimum height 5ft 2in (157cm).
- Maximum height 6ft 3in (191cm).
- Students must possess a sound basic knowledge of mathematics and be competent in the use of the English
- Non-native English speakers must achieve at least level 5.5 in all sections of the International English Language Training System (IELTS)
- Have the unrestricted right to live, study and work in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland; or
- Meet the United Kingdom Visa & Immigration Service (UKVI) requirements to qualify for a study visa.
- Produce a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
- Class 1 or 2 Medical