4 March 2017 | 10.00 - 16.30
The FIRST STEP towards a professional pilot career
The pilot training journey
Training to be a pilot is a unique learning experience, which is character-building, complex, and challenging. The training demands high levels of self-discipline and determination, across a variety of physiological and practical skill-sets. But success will reward those who meet the required high standards, with a well-respected, exciting and fulfilling career.
Ask any professional pilot and they will tell you… despite the early morning starts in the depths of winter, delayed flight schedules and irregular work patterns, they would not change their career for any other.
By visiting this website you could have already made the first step to becoming a pilot. Take the next step and book your tickets now. Make it part of your checklist!
Who should attend?
- Anyone with an ambition to be an airline or military pilot.
- Anyone currently in education with an aspiration to be a professional pilot.
- Career change? If you are considering a career in the skies and want to know where to start, Pilot Careers Live is a ‘must attend’ event.
- Military pilots leaving the service, now considering a new career with the airlines.
- School/College Career Advisors – An opportunity to gather reference material about the career.
- Those interested in commercial helicopter flying opportunities.
You do not need to be an expert on pilot training to attend. The exhibition will equip you with enough knowledge about the pilot training process, ensuring you get the best possible, independent advice at the start of your career.
There will be a series of informative presentations by industry experts throughout the day.
We’ll be joined by Mike Comyn, broadcaster, EQ Coach, communications trainer and presentation coach, who’ll be talking about how to make the right decisions, and getting the most from your pilot career.
Aviation Selection Consultants
Margie Burns, founding Director of Aviation Selection Consultants who has 25 years experience in pilot selection for international airlines, military and flight academies, will be offering essential advice on preparing for a pilot career.
Irish Air Corps
The Irish Air Corps will discuss their roles and the career opportunities that they can offer.
Capt. Steve Kelly, Aer Lingus People and Change Manager, will be joining us to present on a flying career with the Irish flagship carrier. He will discuss recruitment methods, selection criteria, routes to Flight deck careers, New MPL program and Pilot development at Aer Lingus.
Please note: Seating capacity in the seminar areas is limited. We politely request in advance that any accompanying family or friends to the seminars are kept to one extra person. Your co-operation is appreciated. Thank you.
By visiting this website you could have already made the first step to becoming a pilot. Take the next step and book your tickets now. Make it part of your checklist! If you’re planning to attend and buy your tickets on the day, please note that we only accept CASH payments on the door.
- Aer Lingus
- 2Fly Aero
- Airways Aviation Academy
- Atlantic Flight Training Academy
- Aviation Skills Partnership
- Barcelona Flight School
- Bucks New University
- CAE Oxford Aviation Academy
- CTC Aviation
- Dublin City University
- European Flight Training
- European Flyers
- FTE Jerez
- Institute of Technology Carlow
- Irish Air Corps
- Irish Airline Pilots Association (IALPA)
- Irish Aviation Authority (IAA)
- Irish Aviation Student Association (IASA)
- National Flight Centre
- Phoenix East Aviation
- OBN Simulator
- Stapleford Flight Centre
- Wings Alliance
If your business is interested in exhibiting at Europe’s leading ab initio ATPL exhibitions, or you are a visitor requiring further details contact: