Becoming a commercial helicopter pilot is a dream, but the idea doesn’t have remain in your imagination. It’s something many dismiss as impossible, but it’s actually not as hard as you may think to get into the industry. In fact many people just don’t know where to begin.
Helicentre Aviation runs a career seminar at least once a month, and sometimes as often as every fortnight. The seminars are free to attend and offer the opportunity to talk with pilots, instructors, have a look at some helicopters close-up, and ask any questions about what’s involved in changing your career.
The seminars are informative and Helicentre has had several success stories and has taken many a student through from scratch to commercial pilot and instructor, as well as some candidates going onto work offshore, in corporate positions, for the police, and in other utility jobs.
The next career seminar dates can be found below. Places are limited, and although the seminars are free of charge, Helicentre asks that you either call to reserve a place, or fill out the online booking form.
Information packs will be available on the day, and complementary light refreshments will be served as the seminar can last up to three hours (depending on how many questions you have). Helicentre Aviation Chief Flying Instructor, Captain Sarah Bowen, said, “We look forward to meeting potential pilots, and helping them in any way we can to plan the best route into the helicopter industry and start living their dream.”
Pilot Career Seminars in 2014:
- 11th January 2014 at 10:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG
- 23rd January 2014 at 18:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG
- 15th February 2014 at 10:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG
- 27th February 2014 at 18:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG
- 15th March 2014 at 10:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG
- 24th April 2014 at 17:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG
- 17th May 2014 at 9:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG
- 29th May 2014 at 18:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG
- 14th June 2014 at 9:00 – Leicester Airport, LE2 2FG