Eastern Air Lines Group, has announced it is now accepting pilot applications online. Eastern plans to begin operating Boeing 737- 800 aircraft from its Miami base, subject to US government regulatory approval.
“This is an exciting time in our industry and Eastern will be providing good flight crew jobs with great promotion potential as we grow with 737 Next Generation aircraft, and eventually the 737 MAX,” said Eastern’s Vice President of Flight Operations, Captain John Furneaux.
Eastern is hiring Line Pilots and Check Airmen. The airline will initially hire a group of ten Captains and then additional hires of 25 to 30 pilots. Favorable consideration will be given to pilots with Boeing 737 and 757/767 type ratings. The airline expects pilots will have an extraordinary opportunity to advance rapidly during Eastern’s growth phase.
In addition, Eastern will offer compensation packages comparable to those of similar airlines.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Valid FAA ATP Certificate
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Valid FCC Restricted Radio Telephone Operator Permit
- Favorable background check, including PRIA records examination, criminal history records check and National Driver Registry check
- Bachelor degree
- Current passport and legal eligibility to work in the United States
- Current US driver’s license
Captain flight time minimums:
- 7000 hours total fixed-wing PIC/SIC flight time
- 2000 hours fixed-wing, turbo jet, PIC flight time
First Officer flight time minimums:
- 3000 hours total fixed-wing PIC/SIC flight time
- 1000 hours fixed-wing, turbo jet and/or turbo prop, PIC flight time
Eastern encourages interested and qualified pilots to apply online through the Career Opportunities page of its website.
Eastern Air Lines Group, Inc., was formed to re-launch Eastern Air Lines as a passenger airline using Boeing 737-800 aircraft from its main base of operations at Miami International Airport. Eastern Air Lines headquarters is located in Building 5A at MIA. For more information, visit www.easternairlines.aero.