A CPL pilot cadet sponsorship programme is being offered by science-based consultancy APEM. The programme is tailored to develop a group of Aerial Survey Pilot Cadets, and will provide training towards a CPL/IR and a frozen ATPL to become qualified Aerial Survey Pilots.
Requirements for application include:
- a PPL
- 100 hours total flying time
- Current Class 1 medical (or the ability to obtain one)
- Live within one hour’s commuting distance of Hawarden / Chester Airport
- The flexibility to work at different locations periodically and to undertake periods of training and survey work away from home (as below)
- Minimum of 3x A-Level qualifications, and at least 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English
- Right to work in the UK
The programme includes a salary of £14,400 per annum based on working on an average four days a week as a camera technician and in ground operations. On average one day a week will be devoted to pilot training, although extended periods of instruction will be required from time to time. All training costs will be met by APEM Aviation with a three year bond applied post qualification. On qualification salary will increase to £25,000 per annum should a suitable pilot vacancy arise within the company, as is anticipated. The closing date for applications is 15 June.
For more details, visit this website.